This wiki contains information about the history of the Mafia: from the Southern Italian Criminal Syndicates or Crime Families, to their American counterparts.
The information ranges from the Mafia roots, to individual bosses and their operations, including noteworthy associated and/or related criminal figures/crime subjects. You may also find information about ranks, titles and positions.
The Mafia Wiki was created on September 2008, and currently houses a total of 2,146 articles.
Notorious Mafia Bosses/Capos
- John Gotti (1940-2002) - Boss of the Gambino Crime Family in New York City during the late 1980s, famous for being acquitted in court three times, expensive suits and had a repertoire for giving sound bites to the media.
- Al Capone (1899-1947) - Brooklyn born and raised. Head of the Chicago Outfit during the U.S. Prohibition period (1920s-1930s).
- Peter Licavoli (1902–1984) - Reputed organized crime figure in St. Louis, Missouri and patriarch of the Licavoli Mob.
- Frank Costello (1891 – 1973) - Italian-born New York City gangster and one time Luciano (now Genovese) Family boss.
- Paul Leisure (1947-1983) - St. Louis, Missouri area criminal and underworld figure.
Mafia Families and Organizations
- New York City, U.S. based (Cosa Nostra) families
- Bonanno Crime Family Founded by Joseph "Bananas" Bonanno
- Colombo Crime Family - Founded by Joe Profaci; renamed when Joseph Colombo became its boss in 1962, upon Profaci's death
- Gambino Crime Family - Founded by Carlo Gambino
- Genovese Crime Family - Founded by Vito Genovese
- Lucchese crime family - Founded by Gaetano Lucchese
- Eastern Seaboard, U.S. based (Cosa Nostra) families
- Patriarca crime family - Boston, Massachusetts and Providence, Rhode Island
- DeCavalcante crime family - New Jersey
- Philadelphia Crime Family - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Ethnic/Racial Mafia (Cosa Nostra) sectors
- See also
- T-Mafia (China, Brazil)
- According to figures from the Institute for Development and Peace ... have claimed these properties and lands. SEE ALSO: News about Organized Crime in Colombia A field investigator for an ......
- Two drug trafficking associates will preside over Colombia’s Senate and House of Representatives as President Ivan Duque finishes his term after his 2018 election with mafia support. The election of ....
- The Albanian State Police have taken the decision to switch the telephone service provider for all police from Vodafone to One. This will impact around 12,000 individuals who will now be required to ....
- The FBI has released 300 pages of heavily redacted documents that detail its connections with James “Whitey” Bulger, the former South Boston crime boss who was murdered in a federal prison in 2018....
- Guillermo León Acevedo, a.k.a. “Memo Fantasma,” is arguably one of Colombia’s most elusive and well-connected underworld figures ... of the Ochoa crime family. The government has been trying to ......